Thursday, May 21, 2009

Someday I'm gonna miss...

  • Listening to the sound of a baby cooing on my shoulder at 4am.
  • My 6am wake-up call/cry
  • The happy smiles of children just waiting for me to say "Good morning!"
  • The crunch of Cheerios under my feet when I walk across the dining room floor.
  • Finding little dirty fingerprints all over our sliding glass door.
  • Putting on three sets of jackets and shoes.
  • Pushing the cart through the grocery store to the sound of Hannah singing "The ABC Song" (with the words changed to "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy...")
  • Jamming to Veggie Tales while driving in the car.
  • Folding ALL the tiny clothes and socks.
  • Washing ten shirts of mine a week due to spit up and blow-outs.
  • Having a reason to take an afternoon nap.
  • Getting cozy under a blanket to read a book with my little girl.
  • Playing peek-a-boo with my baby boy.
  • Trying to cook supper with chaos all around me.
  • Blowing bubbles, coloring a picture, or feeding doll babies, for the hundredth time.
  • Kissing boo-boos and drying tears.
  • Combing out long curls after bath time.
  • Tucking my dear little ones into bed.
I'm a Mom. And although there are days that I wish I wasn't... days I wish for quiet and calm...the truth is, I wouldn't trade this for the world. And I know someday, I'm gonna miss all this...and more.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: